Social Icons

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Congers Smoke Shack



Congers Smoke Shack is like eating at a five star restaurant but not paying the price at the end. Recently Congers had won the barbeque madness tournament here in San Antonio. This isn't a high end place nor is it a place where the hipsters go. Congers is a little truck off of Loop 410 and Nacogdoches rd that serves great BBQ! On my first visit the scent of the smoke rolling out of this little trailer hit me in the face and then sucker punched my nose. I ordered the Pulled Pork Sliders and to my delight, it was the best pulled pork I have ever eaten. It was tender and juicy and cooked perfectly. As I was leaving I asked him if he could tell me how his BBQ was made because it had something in it I recognized but rarely eat....It was MUSTARD! I don't like mustard but this mustard based BBQ sauce was incredible!
Another recommendation is The Big Dog, it is on a hoagie with sausage, pulled pork, brisket and 2 BBQ sauces with coleslaw on top...but as you can see in my picture, I added beans. I rate this the best BBQ in San Antonio and if you are craving for BBQ, I suggest you go over to the Smoke Shack on Nacogdoches and 410 and grab a slice of BBQ heaven. Conger is there Mon-Sat for lunch only. Check out his FB or Twitter for more info

Conger's Smoke Shack on Urbanspoon
Congers Smoke Shack FB
Congers Smoke Shack Twitter




No comments:

Post a Comment